Welcome to Book Lovers Paradise

Welcome to my attempt at blogging. I am a true to heart bibliophile. Here I will discuss and review books as I read them. You are welcome to do the same. The only rules are no profanity, no politics, no religion, and have fun!
Donna

Wednesday, November 2, 2011


Trueblood's Plight
by E. S. Lark
available now 

I did not know about gryphons before reading E.S. Lark's books.
Now I'm happily well acquainted with them.  Not only gryphons but giphens as well (smaller creatures).  I love the way Ms. Lark (The E. stands for Emily) has created a non-human main character and showed us a fantasy world from the animal's point of view.  Imagine the stories about the boy boy wizard from the viewpoint of the owl, and that's kind of what you have in these books.
Little Ava is a giphon. She shares a bond with her human friend Kivra.
Throughout this book Ava goes on an amazing journey of self-discovery.

At times, this book reminded me of Paolini's Eragon series, but I enjoyed this much more.  I loved TheWaking Grove (free ebook for Amazon Kindle) but found the second book to be even better.

Ms. Lark has been able to enchant and captivate us with her writing.  The characters are intense but warm and likeable.  I highly recommend this book for anyone who enjoys fantasy novels and I'm anxiously awaiting the third book from this author.

Do yourself a favor, sit down and read both The Waking Grove and Trueblood's Plight.  You'll be glad you did.

E. S. Lark is our featured author today.  For more information about her and her books click
here .


No comments:

Post a Comment