Welcome to Book Lovers Paradise

Welcome to my attempt at blogging. I am a true to heart bibliophile. Here I will discuss and review books as I read them. You are welcome to do the same. The only rules are no profanity, no politics, no religion, and have fun!
Donna

Tuesday, February 21, 2012


FRESHMAN YEAR AND OTHER UNNATURAL DISASTERS
BY MEREDITH ZEITLIN

received from author for review

5 stars

synopsis (from Amazon.com)
Laugh-out-loud funny high school drama - perfect for fans of Lauren Myracle and Meg Cabot

Let's say you're fourteen and live in New York City. You'd think your life would be like a glamorous TV show, right? And yet . . . You don't have a checking account, much less a personal Black American Express card. You've never been to a club, and the only couture in your closet is a Halloween costume your mom made from an old laundry bag.

In other words? You're Kelsey Finkelstein - fourteen and frustrated. Every time she tries to live up to her awesome potential, her plans are foiled. Kelsey wants to rebrand herself for high school to make the kind of mark she knows is her destiny. But just because Kelsey has a plan for greatness . . . it doesn't mean the rest of the world is in on it.

Kelsey's hilarious commentary and sardonic narration of her freshman year will have readers laughing out loud - while being thankful that they're not in her shoes, of course.
 

MY REVIEW

What a fresh, fun and hilarious book.  Kelsey Finkelstein, I wish I went to hight school with you!  You made me laugh, yell, roll my eyes, and snicker at your antics and your dry wit.  I know teenagers can be self centered, but sometimes you are a little over the top, nevertheless, I loved your story. You are a frustrating character- I loved you one minute and wanted to slap you the next!
As a reader, I was able to identify with bits and pieces of each character.  Meredith Zeitlin does an amazing job with the story.  It's been quite a while since I was reading a book and yelling at the characters!
Honestly, I hated high school.  I have to say, it's been many, many years since I went through that unpleasant chapter of my life, but I think I may have enjoyed it if I'd had a buddy like Kelsey.
This is a quick, easy read.  I hope to read more about Kelsey and her trials and tribulations as she goes through life.



No comments:

Post a Comment