Welcome to Book Lovers Paradise

Welcome to my attempt at blogging. I am a true to heart bibliophile. Here I will discuss and review books as I read them. You are welcome to do the same. The only rules are no profanity, no politics, no religion, and have fun!
Donna

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Want to read a fun book?


The Alliday Poem Book of Silly Celebrations features themes from the amusingly mundane to the severely bizarre. Flip to any date, and in addition to the varied and clever poetry, you might find fun facts, though-provoking quotes, or captivating bios on major historical figures born that day. Readers will become more familiar with heroes from Feng-Shan Ho to Florence Nightingale. Teens, tweens, daydreamers, lovers of learning, and the young-at-heart will appreciate this book. Among the poetic forms included are rondeau, terza rima, limerick, tetractys, cinquain, pantoum, enclosed rhyme, haiku, double dactyl, and epigram. Alliday is a useful tool for learning about the intricacies of poetry, but more than that, it’s flat-out family-friendly fun! Every day is a chance to celebrate. Let Alliday be your guide!

my thoughts
What a fun book!  You will never get tired of reading the entertaining bits and pieces from this book. There are many quotes that are indeed 'thought provoking' but for the most part, this book is just plain fun to read.  Do you know that June 1st is Dinosaur Day?  Neither did I.  June 1st is also National Go Barefoot Day, flip a coin day and National Hazelnut cake day.  (June 1st has no special significance, just picked this day because my kid loves dinosaurs). There are plenty of cute short poems for each day.  You are certain to get a chuckle while reading this book.  I looked up my birthday to find The Universal Postal Union was established in 1874.  Not only are fun things included, but you will learn interesting facts (my birthday is also  Fire Prevention Day).





No comments:

Post a Comment