Welcome to Book Lovers Paradise

Welcome to my attempt at blogging. I am a true to heart bibliophile. Here I will discuss and review books as I read them. You are welcome to do the same. The only rules are no profanity, no politics, no religion, and have fun!
Donna

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

LIGHTNING TREE  by Sarah Dunster    published by Cedar Fort   available April 2012
received by NetGalley for honest review.

synopsis
After surviving the tragic deaths of her parents, her baby sister, and a harrowing trek across the plains to Utah, it's no surprise that Maggie's nights are plagued by nightmares. But after years of harsh treatment by her foster family and memories that seem to hint at an unthinkable crime, Maggie is forced to strike out on her own to separate the facts from the lies.

MY REVIEW 

Historical fictional account of Maggie Chabert. A young woman who doesn't know who she can trust.   She faces many of the uphill battles of most young girls today.  Amazingly, this book is set in the 1800's. Amazing because Maggie is not much different than young girls today.
Maggie is a true pioneer, a strong young woman who must take control of her own destiny.

This book is vastly different from anything I've recently read.  Not much action, no vampires, no mythological creatures...but it was still an enjoyable read.  The ending is a great twist, unexpected.

I look forward to more by Ms. Dunster

you can learn more about the book and the author at http://lightningtreebook.com/

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea that there is no magical element- which is weird for me. I may check this one out! Thanks for the review! ~ Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete