Welcome to Book Lovers Paradise

Welcome to my attempt at blogging. I am a true to heart bibliophile. Here I will discuss and review books as I read them. You are welcome to do the same. The only rules are no profanity, no politics, no religion, and have fun!
Donna

Tuesday, October 30, 2012


A Haunting Book to add to our Halloween collection
The Bar Code Prophecy

by Suzanne Weyn

published by Scholastic Inc.


Frightening and amazing at the same time.  Frightening because something like this could happen.  Amazing because the author did a great job writing this story.  

An apocalyptic tale for school age children.  The bar code reminded me of the "mark of the devil' foretold in the Book of Revelations.  The asteroid/space stations are the perfect answer to Wormwood.  

I enjoyed the manner in which the author made the Native Americans a major part of this book.  Even now, we are inundated with information from the Hopi about the 'end of days'.    The author does a great job of introducing this idea into the story.  

I'm not certain we will so easily differentiate between the good and the evil, but our future could be hauntingly similar to the one so skillfully created in this series.

A wonderful series by a fabulous author. 

5/5 cups of tea



No comments:

Post a Comment