Welcome to Book Lovers Paradise

Welcome to my attempt at blogging. I am a true to heart bibliophile. Here I will discuss and review books as I read them. You are welcome to do the same. The only rules are no profanity, no politics, no religion, and have fun!
Donna

Tuesday, September 27, 2011


received from NetGalley for review
publication date October 11, 2011
by Delacorte Books for Young Readers.

(from Goodreads)
These days the lives of middle schoolers seems to take place as much online as off. In this male counterpart of her Gossip from the Girls' Room, Rose Cooper takes us inside the blogosphere as preteen boys and girls find their way in a place where shared secrets and posted rumors can change almost everything in just a click. Editor's recommendation.

MY REVIEW

I read this book without any preconceived ideas.  I have not read Ms. Cooper's first book, Rumors from the Girls' Room or any of the Wimpy Kids books that are often compared with Ms. Cooper's books.  I have a young middle school child and can't get him away from the computer or blogs.  This book was fun.  I can't think of any other way to describe the Blogtastic Book.  I've seen the word 'bubbly' used to describe the first book and couldn't agree more.  I found myself laughing out loud at the crazy antics of the characters in this book.  The trials and tribulations of a middle schooler are perfectly explained in this book.  Poor Sofia and her friend Nona have the misfortune of not being in the 'popular' crowd.   I look forward to more books by this author. 



No comments:

Post a Comment