Welcome to Book Lovers Paradise

Welcome to my attempt at blogging. I am a true to heart bibliophile. Here I will discuss and review books as I read them. You are welcome to do the same. The only rules are no profanity, no politics, no religion, and have fun!
Donna

Wednesday, May 30, 2012


TRANSCENDENCE
BY
C.J. OMOLOLU

about the book
When a visit to the Tower of London triggers an overwhelmingly real vision of a beheading that occurred centuries before, Cole Ryan fears she is losing her mind. A mysterious boy, Griffon Hall, comes to her aid, but the intensity of their immediate connection seems to open the floodgate of memories even wider.
As their feelings grow, Griffon reveals their common bond as members of the Akhet—an elite group of people who can remember past lives and use their collected wisdom for the good of the world. But not all Akhet are altruistic, and a rogue is after Cole to avenge their shared past. Now in extreme danger, Cole must piece together clues from many lifetimes. What she finds could ruin her chance at a future with Griffon, but risking his love may be the only way to save them both.
Full of danger, romance, and intrigue, Transcendence breathes new life into a perpetually fascinating question: What would you do with another life to live?

MY REVIEW


A good book, not great, but definitely worth reading.  A story with a reincarnation theme. It's this reincarnation theme that partly interested me.

Very strong and likable characters.   Cole is no damsel in distress, and Griffin is just too good to be real.  This book is somewhat slow at the beginning.  Took me a while before I was able to figure out Cole was the female lead.  The book does speed up, but not until you get about half way through.

I thought the writing was interesting, I just wish the author had spent more time on the historical aspect.  The past is what initially drew me to this title.  I think we will most likely explore the past in the next book.

All in all, a good book.  I did enjoy reading it but it took me quite a while to finish.





No comments:

Post a Comment